Thursday, March 21, 2013

jcrew reviews: gilded brocade top, candy stripe cashmere.

Hi everyone,

The promo is still going strong at J.Crew, and I noticed some new markdowns this morning, including the Cafe Capri in Pinwheel Eyelet as well as the skirt, the Schoolboy Blazer in linen (love mint!), and the Collection Pink Paisley Top (so sad I missed my size, this was on my wishlist to try).

I have a couple more reviews from J.Crew today, one new and one from the sale section.

The Gilded Brocade Top was recently marked down to $99 during the extra 30% off promo, and since it wasn't final sale, I decided to give it a whirl. I had a couple events in mind for it, and wanted to test out sizing. I ordered a 4 and a 2. I've been wearing a 4 in perfect shirts, and usually wear a 2 in their silk tops. The 2 was the better fit for sure. It was easy on and off with the side zipper, which I appreciated, and the neckline wasn't so tight that all my makeup would come off with it going over my head.  The gold was a bit brighter than I imagined it would be, so that's one thing that I'm not sure about, though it really is very pretty. I love the style overall, and think the sale + promo price was a good deal.




















The Collection Featherweight Cashmere Tippi in Candy Stripe has been in the store for a week or so, and is now online. I was smitten by the cheery candy colors. That said, it also totally reminded me of a tee I had as a girl (someone on JCA mentioned Rainbow Brite and that sounds about right, lol). I'm not sure why they gave it the Tippi name because it has a thinner trim at the neckline, with a little button keyhole at the back neck. I haven't had great luck in the past with featherweight cashmere, except for one sweater several years ago, but I've been pleased with this past year's cashmere. It didn't feel cheap, and is super soft. I tried on an XS and a S and the S was the winner (arms were too tight and length was too short in the XS). Love it with my azalea Lexington blazer, but it will pair nicely with all the candy-colored blazers of late from JC.
























What do you think of these two items? Have you been buying anything this sale?

Have a lovely day!

13 comments:

  1. M these are the prettiest items and they look great on you with your colouring! That candy stripe caught my eye, it's a great mix of colours. Love the brocade as well, that will be perfect for parties.
    Hope all is well for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani! They are so cheery and pretty lovely for ushering in spring. :) All is well, just non-stop busy!

      Delete
  2. I love the sweater with the jacket, and I agree about this year's featherweight cashmere. Hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me being extra hopeful WFF! :) I wore the sweater all day and nary a pill. In previous years, they were pilling after an hour. So my hopes are holding!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up re: the pinwheel skirt going on sale. Had to beg for a PA, but I got one! I really hate when jcrew drops prices DURING a promo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got a PA! It's a great price now. I love that eyelet, so fun and interesting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing that the pinwheel eyelet skirt is on sale!! I've been stalking it, and the promo price + extra 30% means I think that I can justify it, yay :)

    The colors of the candy stripe tippi are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray, it's such a pretty skirt!

      Delete
  5. Love the candy stripe Tippi - it's on my lust-list!
    Thanks so much for reviewing it. Can I just ask, do you usually take an S in Tippi sweaters? I ask because I find sweater sizes at JC to be a bit tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sweater with the blazer! I am soooo jealous you can dress like this in Spring. Oh how I miss living in Western NY. I live in Vegas now and it has already been in the 80's here. I wish they would put some of these springy sweaters out in January so I could wear them here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the brocade top is more versatile than it appears to be. I'm looking forward to playing with mine. Try it with white.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Comments are very welcome! Keep it kind!

 
Blogging tips